From 6pm on Friday, new national measures will provide restrictions for hospitality businesses:-
- Pubs, bars, restaurants and cafes will have to close at 6pm, and will not be allowed to serve alcohol. After 6pm, takeaways only will be allowed.
- Indoor entertainment will have to close.
- Indoor attractions such as museums will also have to close, but outdoor visitor attractions can remain open.
- The rest of the measures will remain the same, no changes to extended households e.t.c.
- They will look again at travel, and make a further announcement later this week, following England lockdown completing.
- These measures will be in place until 17th December and then reviewed every three weeks.
- £180m of new help for tourism, leisure and hospitality businesses, in addition to UK Government support scheme – this will provide grants of up to £100,000 for SMEs and £150,000 for larger businesses. Grants will be linked to number of people employed and operating costs. Further details on this will be provided on Business Wales website shortly/
- There will be £160 million for 60,000 businesses on non-domestic rating list – businesses and their supply chains which are “materially impacted” will get between £3,000 and £5,000. This will be administered by Local Authority
- They will make payments as quickly as possible, and before Christmas.