The law does not allow you to exclude or restrict your liability for death and injuries to customers and other visitors arising from your negligence, or that of your staff.  You are therefore strongly recommended to obtain public liability insurance cover.

Many insurance companies offer a single insurance policy covering buildings and contents, employers and public liability cover for small businesses.  These are usually good value when compared with buying the elements separately.

Further information on insurance is available from insurance brokers, banks, insurance companies or the Association of British Insurers by visiting their website.