Marketing through North Wales Tourism
Marketing your business can be time-consuming and expensive. With so many digital options as well as more traditional channels, it can be difficult to know where to start, too. Join North Wales Tourism and tourism operators of all types and sizes benefit from the power of collective marketing. Tap into a massive, receptive market through effective communications including email, social, print and web, as well as via an established network of distribution channels Extend Your Marketing Reach Through North Wales Tourism.
- Boost your profile by being a member of an organisation that has a rolling programme of advertising across digital and print channels. Read more about our advertising below
- Be a part of high-profile promotional campaigns targeting specific audiences interested in travelling to and staying in North Wales. Read more about our promotional campaigns below
- Play an important part of the bigger picture by being an active member and contributor to destination management and branding – part of the North Wales offer.
Advertising with North Wales Tourism
Advertising is one of the most effective forms of promotion. Unfortunately it’s also one of the most expensive! A cost effective way of being part of a wide advertising platform is to join North Wales Tourism. We have the resources, reach and numbers to help you get value for money from our range of attractive and well-proven advertising activities. Promote your business via the following North Wales Tourism advertising opportunities:
- Include your business or attraction within our Great Days Out leaflet, distributed to visitors staying in North Wales accommodation via a significant print run of 250,000
- Have your leaflet included in our Bedroom Browser, professionally presented and printed with 22,000 copies distributed in bedrooms throughout the region
- Run an advert in our Groups Brochure, distributed to organisers of group travel and buyers at UK and European group travel trade shows
- Advertise in our pan North Wales regional pocket guide brochure that includes accommodation, attractions, activities, events and food & drink establishments
- Feature up to six images and a description of your attraction, together with key information and links to your website on our GoNorthWales website, which attracts up to one million views per year
- Enable online room bookings and increase revenue via our live room-book and ticket purchasing platforms (commission fees apply)
- Feature in our email marketing sent to targeted potential customers through our vast database, helping to drive interested customers to your own website.
Promotional Campaigns with North Wales Tourism
North Wales Tourism has built a significant and positive reputation over the years. Today our brand is well recognised and the region we promote has a growing profile with national and international audiences. Our marketing campaigns take full advantage of this, reaching potential customers through innovative approaches and designs. As a member of North Wales Tourism, you will directly benefit from the work we do. High profile advertising campaigns run by North Wales Tourism
- Professionally conceived and designed advertising campaigns planned and secured well in advance help North Wales Tourism maximise advertising spend and target customers with both the desire and the means to visit the region
- Targeting high footfall, highly relevant locations to the visitor market, including advertising at Manchester Airport’s Terminals 1, 2 and 3 during the high season and shoulder months – helping to promote North Wales to in excess of 12 million passengers
- Advertising in national newspapers and magazines, targeting high circulation titles as well as niche travel and lifestyle magazines where people are actively looking for information on holidays and short breaks
Destination Branding with North Wales Tourism
North Wales has an identity, a sense of place, all of its own. We’re the only over-arching organisation that can give the whole of the North Wales region a strong image and voice. That’s why our Destination Branding is so important. North Wales Tourism seeks to show the region in the best possible light. We act as an extension of our members’ interests, reaching out to appeal to visitors.
New Brand North Wales Tourism has relaunching its GoNorthWales website. With it, we’ve launched a new brand to reflect the adventure, variety and cultural value that North Wales offers visitors today. The brand showcases all that’s great about the region and will help to keep the destination fresh in the minds of millions of potential visitors. As part of our role as destination managers, it’s up to us and our members to make a great first impression on our visitors and then support it with a matching experience when they arrive. North Wales Tourism works with its members as well as other organisations including Visit Wales and tourism associations to deliver a consistent, connected strategy on brand and experience. By being part of North Wales Tourism, you can be part of this exciting brand offer. You’ll benefit from greater numbers of visitors and in turn they will enjoy a more memorable overall experience of their time in North Wales. Can your tourism business afford not to be part of this?
Promotional activity includes trade led campaigns and contract work on behalf of other tourism organisations and local authority destinations.
On-line Marketing Activity:
- Updating and promoting general North Wales web site www.gonorthwales.co.uk; product websites www.groupsnorthwales.co.uk, www.greatdaysoutnorthwales.co.uk, www.golf-northwales.co.uk & www.gardensnorthwales.co.uk
- Go Direct booking campaign; e-shop sales; on-line ticketing for event organisers, visitor attractions and activity operators
- Social media – facebook, twitter
- Co-ordinating and managing pan North Wales website: www.gonorthwales.co.uk
Off-line Marketing Activity:
- Development, production and distribution of promotional literature linked to specific campaigns
- Organising and facilitating press, PR and travel trade familiarisation visits
- Involvement in travel trade and consumer exhibitions/shows
- Marketing contracts
- Central Booking – holiday booking service; golf packages, golf vouchers; ticket sales.