A brief update from the latest Government daily briefing.
- bars, cafes, restaurants are to close after tonight but you will still able to offer takeaway.
- Theatres, leisure centres, cinemas and gyms also to close.
- Government to provide grants of up to 80% of wages to businesses to retain staff (up to £2,500 a month) via HMRC. The employer will need to apply for this.
- VAT payments deferred for this quarter.
- No self assessment payments for self employed due until January 2021.
- Self employed will also have access to the same statutory sick pay as employees.
- Business Interruption loan repayment with no interest extended from 6 months to 12 months
- Universal credit to increase by £1000 over 12 months
We will provide more update once we know more.