• You can stay in a hotel or other forms of holiday accommodation such as holiday rental accommodation during the Christmas period (up to the end of 27 December), but in Wales you can only do this with people you live with (or someone who is with you to provide care for a vulnerable person).
  • From 12:01 am on 28 December all accommodation must close unless authorised to remain open by a local authority or Welsh Ministers to accommodate vulnerable groups, key workers etc.
  • People travelling to or from Northern Ireland are also entitled to stay overnight on 27 December but must vacate the accommodation in the course of 28 December.
  • Restaurants and cafes in accommodation can remain open to the public until 6pm and residents until 10pm up until Christmas Day, but after 6pm on 25 December, up to the end of 27 December, accommodation providers will only be allowed to provide food and drink to residents. No alcoholic drinks can be consumed in restaurants and cafes at any time. Room service will also remain available but must not include alcohol between 10pm and 6am.
  • Takeaway services without a licence to sell alcohol can sell food and non-alcoholic drinks for consumption off the premises at any time. Premises with a licence for off-sales can continue to sell alcohol until 10pm as part of the takeaway offer.

About Eirlys Jones

Eirlys is the Commercial Director at North Wales Tourism and can be contacted at eirlys.jones@gonorthwales.org.uk or connect with her on LinkedIn you can also follow her on Twitter @EirlysJones5