Dear Member, each day brings new headlines about Covid-19 and its impact on our communities and businesses. The safety and wellbeing of our team and our members is always our biggest priority.
We have continued to represent you as you navigate your way through this crisis. We have with the full support of our Board been lobbying our MPs, AMs and councils, sharing insights and intelligence into Welsh Government from your feedback and talking with them about strategy for safe reopening. We have been pushing particularly hard on the unfairness experienced by bona fide self-catering accommodation businesses not getting the support they so badly need.
This is not a situation any of us were anticipating especially with the plans we had in place to celebrate North Wales Tourism’s 30th birthday, hopefully we may still get an opportunity to share some events with our members this year.
We appreciate that it is an extremely difficult and complex time for many businesses and individuals across North Wales with the COVID-19 pandemic but as the situation evolves it’s important to know that we are here to support you. If you have any questions/queries please do not hesitate to contact us, by email (contacts below), social media channel, online chat on the Trade website or phone. Please email Jim.email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any issues etc you may have.
Please keep posted on any developments on our Trade site www.northwalestourism.com and on our social media platforms (facebook and twitter) NWTBiz which is regularly updated.
Keep safe, we’re in this together.
What we’ve been doing for you?
- Set up online chat on North Wales Tourism trade website
- Conducting Radio and TV interviews
- Collating intelligence and issues for feeding back information to Welsh Government, MPs and AMs
- Liaising and lobbying Welsh Government, MPs, AMs, Wales Tourism Alliance on issues i.e greater clarity on the details of the support for businesses and when it will be available in future announcements; business rates issues; access of funding to those slipping through the net; request more flexibility on the staff retention furlough scheme to include seasonal workers
- Zoom Meeting with 7 Conservative North Wales MPs
Information posted on our trade website includes:
- Helping industry recover from COVID-19
- Destroying spoilt beer, cider, wine or made-wine during coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Support for Welsh Food and Drink Manufacturers Launched
- Business leaders in North Wales Call for £3m SME Hardship Fund
- Tourism Industry Advice
- Business Interruption Insurance Clarity
- BEIS Webinars
- Apply for the coronavirus Future Fund
- Bounce Back Loans
- COVID19 external funding for community groups
- First Minister announces path to lead Wales out of coronavirus pandemic
- Job Retention Scheme
- Meter Readings – Tip
Tourism in the COVID-19 crisis webinar – Friday 15th May
North Wales Tourism has partnered with Equator to bring you a webinar with key actions to focus on in the coming weeks.
The webinar will take place on Friday 15th May at 11am and will last 30 minutes with questions at the end.
Equator is a top 5 independent digital transformation agency helping clients like Virgin Active, AXA, IHG, Village Hotels, Butlins, Hotel du Vin and Malmaison take on tomorrow.
Speaker is Martin Jordan, Director of Marketing & Innovation at Equator.
For further details and to book click here https://northwalestourism.com/trade-news/covid-19-webinar/
We need your support to save the tourism sector post Covid-19
North Wales Tourism believes that any recovery plan for the tourism sector needs to be a collaborative one.
There is a thirst for action but there are still more questions than answers as to when and what tourism across the region will look like as the restrictions start to lift and beyond. We would like to therefore invite you to join us to engage in what the future of tourism in the next phase of Covid-19 looks like, if you have not already done so.
The first stage in that process is to bring people together to share ideas, concerns and issues, and to discuss what ‘safe tourism’ will look like after Covid-19. We would like to hear from you and will use the information you give us to develop a recovery plan that helps to ensure that North Wales have a tourism sector that is safe and contributes to the economic recovery of the region.
Please email us your thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updating your Details
Our website www.gonorthwales.co.uk continues to grow with web traffic to our site from all over the world providing not only an in-depth source of visitor information but also generating even more business for our members.
Please login and update your entry – remember this is your opportunity to showcase your business through the GoNorthWales website. If you require a reminder of your login details please contact Anthony Woodhouse on 01492 539051 or email email@example.com.
If you would like any advice on any aspect of your digital activities please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org – we’re here to help!
Facebook/Twitter – Do you Follow Us
Don’t forget, if you are on social media you can follow us on both Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @nwtbiz @gonorthwales – so if you have content that you would like us to share, let us know and we’ll promote it to our audience!
NEW Closed NWTBiz Facebook Group
For NWT members only – a new NWTBiz Facebook Group has been created to share information and network online. To join simply search NWTBiz through facebook and request to join.
Offers / Deals / Promotional Campaign
When businesses do eventually return to normal we would like to be ready with a campaign with offers/deal/promotions etc, for marketing on our social media and website channels.
If you would like to be part of this campaign please submit your offer by following this link http://submit-offer.gonorth.wales/
We will concentrate on inbound tourism only for the remainder of this year, we all know North Wales has a proven track record for the best in fresh air, country walks, rural locations and beaches etc. and I think we all know how much everyone is appreciating this right now.
Also if you have any virtual events taking place in the next few weeks please let us know by emailing email@example.com in order for us to assist in promoting this for you. We are also looking for pictures with a view from your business as this is something we are keen to push out on our social media channels to entice visitors to come post Covid-19. If you have a picture already taken please email those over to us as well at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calling All Accommodation Members
All accommodation operators you are aware we do not do bookings on our website however we encourage the customer to GO DIRECT to you as we feel you pay enough to the booking channels in commissions, we kindly ask if you would be happy to show the GO DIRECT banner on either your website or at the foot of your email etc, in fact please promote it in any way you feel fit.
To download this logo please click here
- Business Support – https://businesswales.gov.wales/coronavirus-advice/
- Financial Support (loans) – https://developmentbank.wales/
- Government HMRC – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-job-retention-scheme-step-by-step-guide-for-employers
- Guidance on Deferral of VAT Payments – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/deferral-of-vat-payments-due-to-coronavirus-covid-19
- Advice for Employers and Employees – https://www.acas.org.uk/coronavirus
- Workplace Social Distancing Law in Wales – New rules to protect workers during the coronavirus outbreak came into force in Wales to ensure that a distance of 2 metres is maintained on particular premises. Supplementary guidance on this legislation has been issued – https://gov.wales/taking-all-reasonable-measures-maintain-physical-distancing-workplace-supplementary-guidance
- Visit Britain latest industry update – https://www.visitbritain.org/covid-19-new-coronavirus-latest-information-and-advice-for-businesses
- Government information for Individual and Businesses – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-individuals-and-businesses-in-wales#businesses
- Guidance for Food Businesses – https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-for-food-businesses/guidance-for-food-businesses-on-coronavirus-covid-19
- COVID-19 and your business: practical how-to guides from Superfast Business Wales to help you transition to working from home, promoting your business online, and competing online – https://businesswales.gov.wales/superfastbusinesswales/information-hub/covid-19
- Updates and information from Isle of Anglesey County Council – https://www.anglesey.gov.uk/en/Business/Business-support-Coronavirus-COVID-19.aspx
- Updates and information from Conwy County Borough Council – https://conwybusinesscentre.com/business-advice/
- Updates and information from Denbighshire County Council – https://www.denbighshire.gov.uk/en/business/business-rates/coronavirus-emergency-support-for-business.aspx
- Updates and information from Flintshire County Council – https://www.flintshire.gov.uk/en/Business/Advice-and-guidance/COVID-19-Advice-for-Businesses.aspx
- Updates and information from Gwynedd County Council – https://www.gwynedd.llyw.cymru/en/Businesses/Help,-support-and-training/Covid-19-Business-Support.aspx
- Updates and information from Wrexham County Council – https://beta.wrexham.gov.uk/service/covid-19-support-businesses