The First Minister today confirmed the conditions in Wales allow the requirement to stay local to be removed from Monday.Under the new arrangements, from Monday 6 July:
- The legal requirement to stay local (and the associated guidance about the 5-mile rule of thumb) no longer applies.
- There will be no limitation on travel but holiday accommodation in Wales will not be allowed to be open – self-contained accommodation is preparing to re-open from 11 July.
- People from 2 separate households will be able to join together to form one exclusive, extended household. But they can only be part of one extended household.
- Everyone joining the extended household must belong to the two households, which form the extended household.
- The extended household must contain the same individuals for the foreseeable future.
- If one member of an extended household develops symptoms of coronavirus, the entire extended household should self-isolate, not just those living together.
- We advise those in an extended household to keep records to help with contact tracing in case someone in the extended households tests positive for coronavirus.