Welsh Government want your views on proposals to provide discretionary powers for local authorities to apply a visitor levy in their areas.
This consultation explores issues relating to the design and operation of a visitor levy.
Key choices will include:
- The principle and purpose of a visitor levy
- Who should pay a visitor levy?
- Who should charge and collect a visitor levy?
- How a visitor levy could be applied?
- What discretionary powers a local authority could have for the operation of a visitor levy?
- What information may be required to administer a visitor levy?
- How a visitor levy may be enforced?
- How revenues from a visitor levy could be used and people made aware of the use of revenues and the benefits?
Consultation ends 13 December 2022